Housing Program for women ages 18 and older in recovery from
prostitution and / or substance use / abuse.
- Transitional Housing located in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Program helps provide stability and resources to step away
from the lifestyle of substances abuse / use, prostitution,
crime, and hopelessness.
- Provides help and hope to women who are ready to make self
improvements and wellness of the spirit, mind and body.
- Provides peer mentoring to help women stay safe, clean and
sober, in a supportive environment.
- Services provided to each resident may include case
management, treatment plans, mentors, social workers, career
enhancement, support groups, and other resources and
referrals within the community.
name is Mary Alonzo. Thank you for allowing me to share
a bit about myself and the First
Step House. Growing up for me was not swing
sets in the backyard or playing dolls. I came from
what we call a dysfunctional family...
Voluntary Transitional Housing Program