This Page will cover:
- Screening Policy for Students and Accompanying Adults
- Policy for Accompanying Adults and Students Upon Being Cleared
UMCH Student and Accompanying Adult Pandemic Screening Policy All students and accompanying adults, seeking to enter the facility, must participate in health screenings, during states of emergency, related to pandemics and public health. Prior to entry, every participant and family member/caregiver will participate in the following:
- Anyone permitted into the Lobby must wear a face mask, not including infants/toddlers.
- Dropping off and picking up is limited to one (1) person.
- One person per household will be designated for drop-off and pick-up responsibilities.
- Upon arrival, students and accompanying adults, will stand in line, using the markers spaced 6 feet apart, as they wait to be screened in the vestibule.
- Children Screening will consist of:
- Temperature check with a touchless reading scanner. Fever is the key indicator for young children. If a child’s temperature is above 100.4 degrees, the child will be excluded from care.
- Cough and/or diarrhea in addition to fever is suggestive of coronavirus and will serve as a disqualification from participation.
- Parents/accompanying adult will be asked the following questions:
- Has the child been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19? (If yes, the family should self-quarantine for 14 days.)
- Has the child felt unwell in the last 3 days? (persistent cough, temperature, difficulty breathing, cold, diarrhea and/or vomiting) the child(ren) will be sent home for 72 hours and referred for COVID-19 screening.
- If the answers to either of the above two screening questions are yes, the child will be temporarily disqualified from care; proof of negative COVID-19 screening may be required.
- The child will be visually checked for signs of illness, including flushed cheeks, rapid or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, or extreme fussiness. If any of these symptoms are present, the student will not be admitted.
- Child must be removed from any seats or devices, prior to screening. For students with car seats that must be transferred to the person designated to pick up, may leave the car seat in the lobby.
- Children will additionally engage in temperature screening, during mid-morning activities and a third time, following nap. Symptoms will be monitored throughout the day.
- The accompanying adult will also be screened in the same manner as the child. If they have a fever and/or symptoms, they will not be permitted entry into the Lobby for 72 hours. The adult must leave. The student may return with an alternate accompanying adult, provided the student is able to pass the health screen.
Accompanying Adults and Students Upon Being Cleared:
- Accompanying adults will be permitted into the lobby to check their child(ren) in at the Procare kiosks. Parent information boards for each wing have been established, in the lobby. Parents can communicate directly with their child(ren)’s teacher via the Parent Portal. This allows parents to check in on their children in the classroom, remotely.
- Parents will not be allowed into the program area, but will place their child(ren) in a stroller (walking guide for older children) for classroom delivery.
- Workers/staff will stroll/walk students to their classrooms:
- The worker/staff will stroll the child and the child’s supply bag (limited to a gallon size freezer bag) to their classroom, where a classroom teacher will receive the child (remove the child from the stroller, if strolled) and take their belongings.
- For pick up, the reverse order will happen. Classrooms and the lobby will be connected via two-way radios to announce pickups and drop offs.